How did you discover your creativity?
Growing up in an artistic family, art/books/culture/travel were the essence of living, creativity was expected, so I guess I never knew I didn't have it.
What was your first “Big Break” in your profession?
At the beginning of my career an Art Director I worked with in Boston got hired by a big NYC-based publishing company, I convinced/begged her to bring me to NYC which she did - that lead to 8 years of crazy, amazing opportunities & work experience - working on a Burberry ad campaign, photoshoots at The Culinary Institute of NY, working in the promotions dept. at NY Magazine...etc. There can be many big breaks throughout a career not just one! It's a building process.
Top 3 Tips you would give someone starting out in your creative profession:
1. You've got to know when to hold'em no when to fold'em - pick and chose your battles. Not every creative challenge is worth fighting for. So let it go.
2. Don't be glamored by someone's superlative opinion of your work. Be critical of your work - challenge your ideas.
3. When working collaboratively if someone has a better creative solution to a problem - use it! Support & recognize a good design solution - they all don't have to come from you!
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
The dailymail celebrity gossip page http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html and a pinterest search of "boho chic" is intoxicatingly pleasurable.
If you were on an island and could only bring three things, what would you bring?
1. The whole Beatles Music catalogue
3. Bedoun Tent & sheepskin throws plus candles and incense
Please contact member directly for information about production, permission and usage.
All images are copyrighted.